Clear quality criteria guarantee reliable partners on the snow
As South Tyrolean ski schools know that advancing, having fun and staying motivated on the snow is very important, they build on a high quality standard. Ten years after its introduction, the children quality seal gold, silver and bronze were revisited and updated. Gold, silver and bronze were converted into ski schools with three, four and five snow crystals.
No matter if a school got three, four or five crystals, the entry level is high and all ski, snowboard and cross-country schools have to fulfil specific criteria.
South Tyrolean ski schools wait for you and hope you enjoy surfing their website and attending a course in a South Tyrolean ski school.
All schools fulfil the following criteria:
- At least 65% of teaching staff are highly qualified skiing, snowboard or cross-country instructors, registered at the ski instructor trade association.
- Lessons can be held in Italian, German and English.
- Close to the slopes there is an office of the school that is always open when lifts work.
- All instructors wear the official dress on which you can read also the name of the school.
- There are a meeting point and a nursery slope.
- The school has a third party liability insurance.
- The school offers children courses and has a safe area as well as specific lifts for children.
- At least one instructor is specialised for children courses.
In addition to these obligatory criteria, three-crystals ski schools offer most of the following comforts:
- Groups are not bigger than ten course participants.
- The school offers an assistance and animation programme for children.
- Didactic tools are used during lessons.
- The school offers full-time and half-day courses for children.
- A final race is organised at the end of each course.
- Children animation is offered also beyond courses.
- All children get name tags, certificates and medals.
- There is a mascot who tells stories and distributes gadgets.
- In addition to lessons and courses there are social programmes.
- The school has multilingual fliers and a website.
- The polyglot staff participates regularly in further training.
- The school developed plant regulations and codes of behaviour.
- Bookings are confirmed by letter and mail requests are answered within two day.
- Customer satisfaction is regularly controlled, also through complaints handling.
- The school has a specific logo with homogeneous colours, characters and modules, on which you can see also the name of the school.
- The school has specific promotion, marketing and pr measures.
In addition to basic services and three-crystals criteria, a four-crystals school offers most of the following comforts:
- Groups are not bigger than six course participants.
- You find assistance for children younger than three, indoor assistance and children menus for lunch.
- At least two instructors are specialised for children courses.
- There are a baby lift, specific children lifts or flat conveyors.
- In case of full-time courses, on demand you can get assistance during lunch.
- Children assistants participate regularly in specific training programmes.
- In addition to obligatory training courses, ski instructors participate in further trainings and specialisation courses.
- Ski instructors are highly specialised: telemark, freeride, freestyle, specialisations for disables courses.
- You have a large extra offer and events.
- The school organises a social programme for local people.
- The school offers ski accompaniment and ski safari.
- In addition to alpine ski courses, you can attend snowboard and cross-country courses.
- You are given the possibility of video analysis.
- There is a specific offer for disables.
- The school offers specific programmes for the promotion of ski sports.
- They hold courses on security
- They have weekly programmes with courses and fun.
- They offer snow-shoe tours.
- The school cooperates with other professional associations like mountain guides, excursion guides and others.
- At least 30% of the staff speak English.
- You can contact the ski school all the year through.
In addition to these services, a five-crystals school offers most of the following elite comforts:
- There is a larger number of specialised ski instructors for children courses.
- The school offers assistance for children younger than one and a half.
- You can find all specialisations and qualifications, from freeride to freestyle and race technique.
- There are a snow adventure park and a safety park.
- Lessons can be held in further languages such as Russian, Slowakian or Dutch.
- Customers can leave their skies in a ski depot.
- There is a shuttle service.
- Close to the nursery slope there is a toilet close.
- The ski school is open all the year through and offers several summer programmes, for example MTB or e-bike tours, guided hiking tours with specialised people, climbing gardens, wild water rafting areas, archery fields or similar infrastructures.
- Customers are given the possibility of arranging additional insurance against injuries.
- On the website of the school you can see the qualification of all ski instructors.
- There is a photo service.
- The school offers a fitness programme.
- Usually the availability of the ski instructor is granted.
- On demand the school organises a taxi service with minibuses or shuttles.
Participating ski schools in South Tyrol
Up to now 39 of the 58 ski schools in South Tyrol have been checked and certificated. Find the most suitable for your exigencies and your holiday destination.